When You Sell Your KC House, Where Do You Plan To Go?
Are you considering selling your Kansas City home? You may have heard about the current low supply of homes for sale. While this trend can make your house stand out to buyers who prefer more options, how does this low supply impact your move once you sell? Can you find a Kansas City home you want to buy with inventory this low?
As you search for your next home, it’s essential to explore every option, including both previously owned and newly built homes. Each opportunity holds various benefits, so let’s take a look and compare the differences.
The Pros of Newly Built Homes
First, we’ll look at the advantages of purchasing a newly constructed home. With a brand-new house, you’ll be able to:
- Design your dream home. Building a home from the ground up allows you to select the custom features you want, such as appliances, finishes, landscaping, layout, and more.
- Cash-in on energy efficiency. For many of these custom features, you can pick energy-efficient alternatives to lower your utility costs and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Minimize the need for repairs. Many builders offer a warranty, providing peace of mind on unlikely repairs. As another bonus, you won’t have as many little projects to tackle.
- Enjoy brand new everything. Another benefit of a newly built home is that nothing has been used. Everything in the home is uniquely yours from day one.
The Pros of Existing Homes
Now, let’s compare these advantages to those of buying an existing home. With a pre-existing house, you can:
- Explore a wider variety of home styles and floorplans. You can choose from decades of homes, showing a broader range of floorplans and designs available.
- Join an established neighborhood. Existing homes allow you to know the area, community, or traffic patterns before committing.
- Enjoy mature trees and landscaping. Established neighborhoods have more developed landscaping and trees, giving you additional privacy and curb appeal.
- Appreciate that lived-in charm. It’s nearly impossible to reproduce the character of older homes. Do you value timeless craftsmanship or design elements? You may prefer an existing home.
The choice is entirely yours. As you search for your perfect Kansas City home, remember that you can go either route – you just need to determine which features and benefits are most significant to you. As an article from The Mortgage Reports says:
“When building, you gain more freedom to tailor the design, materials, and features, but it demands more time and involvement. Conversely, buying an established home offers immediate occupancy . . . yet may require compromises. Your choice should align with your budget, timeline, customization preferences, and the local real estate landscape.”
Whatever your decision, working with the Just Say Home Team throughout the process is mission-critical to your success. These real estate experts will support you in exploring your options and help you decide based on what matters most to you. Together, you can find the Kansas City home that’s perfect for you!
Are you looking to buy or sell a Kansas City home? Do you have questions about the Kansas City housing market? The Just Say Home real estate team will help you understand the available inventory and find the right home for you. Get support from experienced agents and confidently make your next Kansas City move!